17. On losing 4-0 to Chelsea: "It all went Pete Tong after half-time didn't it?"
16. On win percentages: "I’ve got a 59 per cent win ratio in the Premier League and I think if I had started the season in charge we’d be in the Champions League."
15. On Glenn Hoddle: "Glenn’s got a lot of opinion and he’s also got a lot of opinion about Tottenham, and he’s entitled to that. It’s been a long time since Glenn Hoddle’s managed a football team and the game has moved on significantly."
14. On the quality of the Spurs squad: "Are there any world class Gareth Bale-type players? No, there are not."
13. On Hugo Lloris (one week later): "He is a top-drawer goalkeeper - a genuine world-class player."
12. On nice-guy players: "Too many of them are too nice to each other. We need to show a bit more guts and not want to be someone's mate all the time. It can't always be me."
11. On Roy Hodgson: "No matter what players he was given, he would work tirelessly with them. He'd leave no stone unturned with his squad and the players reap the rewards. I honestly believe he was the best coach I ever worked with but not the best manager."
10. On Tottenham fans: "Liverpool are a different kettle of fish to us; home-grown players at Liverpool are embraced. They love homegrown players at Liverpool. Tottenham fans like signings."
9. On plucking a Spurs fan from the crowd to replace him on the bench: "That guy's an expert, seriously. Every week he tells me what to do. So I gave him the opportunity to do the job. He bottled it at first but then he swallowed it. It was just good banter."
8. On Gareth Bale: "His fee looks cheap now. If he is going to deliver them the European Cup, then that looks good business."
7. On literature: "I don't read books. I read the Daily Express and The Star."
6. On publicly criticising players: "They’re all men, they know I’m saying it from the heart, not from a script, but on impulse."
5. On Dimitar Berbatov: "He's the sort of player who can get managers the sack. He can throw his toys out of the pram at times and, as a manager, you have to make sure he's 100% committed to your football club. If not, he can be a bad apple and you don't want that around your squad."
4. On being a caretaker manager: "If you have a supply teacher who comes into your school, sometimes they’re not treated with the respect that a headmaster is."
3. On Blackburn chairman Jack Walker preferring him to Zinidine Zidane: "He was a great judge of a player, that Jack Walker. No, come on, you shouldn't even put me and Zidane in the same sentence."
2. On being a straight talker. "I'm never going to take a step back. I'm just going to shoot from the hip. That's what I'm like. I'm a manager, not a babysitter."
1. On cheese: "Only cheddar. I don't get involved in the rest of that muck. Mild."