20. Without fans who pay at the turnstile, football is nothing. Sometimes we are inclined to forget that. The only chance of bringing them into stadiums is if they are entertained by what happens on the football field.
19. Unlike many other Celts, I cannot claim that Celtic was my first love … but I can say that it will be my last love.
18. There is no excuse for a professional footballer not to be 100% fit.
17. We all end up yesterday's men in this business. You’re very quickly forgotten.
16. If form was the only factor we would all win the pools every week.
15. The secret of being a good manager is to keep the six players who hate you away from the five who are undecided.
14. I enjoy being manager here, because I like the people who support us.
13. Old Firm supporters went to internationals to cheer three players, boo two, and ignore the rest!
12. There's nothing wrong with losing your temper for the right reasons.
11. It's not religion that's the problem - it's the lack of religion!
10. I lost some friends when I made the move (to Celtic), but if that's what matters to them, then they're not really friends at all.
9. The best place to defend is in the opposition penalty box.
8. You go down that pit shaft, a mile underground. You can’t see a thing. The guy next to you, you don’t know who he is. Yet he is the best friend you will ever have.
7. We do have the greatest fans in the world but I’ve never seen a fan score a goal.
6. Never fall in love with them (players), because they’ll two-time you.
5. If you’re good enough, the referee doesn’t matter.
4. The most pleasure any manager can get is seeing everyday boys joining the club as youngsters and growing into men and giving themselves a better social standing than they could ever have dreamed of previously.
3. We don’t just want to win the European Cup. We want to do it playing good football, to make neutrals glad we won it, pleased to remember how we did it.
2. It is up to us, to everyone at Celtic Park, to build up our own legends. We don’t want to live with history, to be compared with legends from the past. We must make new legends.
1. Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players.