1. Over a quarter of all young adults are now unemployed
2. 1.2m people are in part time work because they can’t get a full time job
3. Nearly half of all young adults are paid less than the London Living Wage which is £8.30 an hour.
4. Nearly 4 million children are living in poverty in the UK (after housing costs)
5. The UK has the fourth highest level of poverty out of all 25 European Union countries.
6. The amount of people living under the poverty line has increased by 1.5 million since 2004/05
7. A bin man earns between £11,000 and £17,000 per year.
8. Teachers salaries start at £21,588
9. Around a third of all disabled adults aged 25 to retirement are living in low-income households.
10. One in ten 16- to 18-year-olds are not in education, employment or training.
11. A postman’s starting salary is around £15,000
12. Adults in the poorest fifth are much more likely to be at risk of developing a mental illness than those on average incomes.
13. A third of children living in temporary accommodation have no school to go to.
14. Nearly 13 million people live in poverty in the UK – that’s 1 in 5 of population.
15. Poor children are 5 times less likely to have a safe outdoor space to play in.
16. Low income families are twice as likely to split up.
17. 1 in 5 low income families are forced to skip meals because of financial restrictions.
18. Over 1 million homes in the UK are classified as "unfit to live in."
19. Around a fifth of all families have only £10 per person per day to buy everything they need.
20. 48 per cent of all single-parent households live below the poverty line.
Click here for more articles about Life in Sabotage Times
Click here to follow Sabotage Times on Twitter
Click here to follow Sabotage Times on Facebook