Back in the days when celebrity culture wasn't as prevalent, folk would flock to waxwork museums to peer at molten representations of the rich and famous.
Despite the face that we can now look at multiple celebrity faces just by switching on the internet, the wonderful world of waxworks is still with us - just.
Here are ten waxworks of footballers. The players are all brilliant, but the waxworks are of varying quality.
10. David Beckham - Hitman
9. Mark Hughes - Surprisingly lifelike hair
8. Neymar - More like Shergar
7. George Best - No wonder the girls loved him
6. Gary Lineker - Or Neil Warnock wearing lipstick
5. Diego Maradona - Mara-goner
4. Kevin Keegan - Wouldn't love it
3. Paul Gascoigne - So that's what happened to Lord Charles
2. Michael Owen - Probably a more interesting commentator
1. Wayne Rooney - Ron Howard